Welcome, Kia Ora, Tena Koutou, Kia Orana, Bula Vanaka and Greetings
Tokoroa Central School is situated in the heart of the Tokoroa community and prides itself on being a warm, welcoming family friendly, inclusive environment.
Quality teaching and learning from year 1 to year 6 is our key priority, with programmes personalised to help every child fulfil their goals and reach their potential. The wide range of enrichment and support offered continues to evolve, enabling your child to grow as a confident and enthusiastic learner.
Our Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Compassion, Teamwork and Fun are woven through all aspects of school life and our Leadership Programme for senior students is valued.
We are a well-resourced school, providing students with the opportunity to use a range of tools to support their learning, i.e. ipads, chromebooks, apple tv, digital cameras etc. The Arts and Physical Education is another aspect of learning that we value. There are opportunities for your child to join Kapa Haka, Pasifika dance and drumming, Choir, Music and sports such as netball, basketball, soccer, touch and others.
Our school and community warmly welcome you to our family friendly, inclusive environment. At Tokoroa Central we are passionate about making your child’s learning our priority! We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your child’s learning needs and show you around our school.
What our School offers
- A focus on the following Values: Excellence, Integrity, Compassion, Teamwork and Fun
- Quality teaching and learning programmes
- A range of learning experiences designed to meet the needs of your child
- High standards for behaviour
- A range of cultural and sporting opportunities
- Free stationery to all students who are enrolled at the start of the the school year and start at 5 years old
- Fruit in Schools Programme
- Duffy Books in Homes
- Breakfast in Schools Programme